Friday, July 4, 2008

Tropical Salad

Tropical fruit is so exotic and tasty. One big benefit of consuming a variety of tropical fruits is the high amount of vitamin C they contain. This past weekend I made a refreshing fruit salad, that was very quick and easy to put together. Below is the recipe.

Ingredients;
2 ripe mangos, peeled and cubed
1 large ripe papaya, peeled and cubed
1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled and chopped into chunks
1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
12 fresh mint leaves thinly sliced

Add coconut flakes to a dry pan and place over medium heat stirring frequently and let get golden brown. be careful not to burn the flakes. Combine all the fruit together in a large bowl. Add the lime juice and coconut flakes. Stir well. Once everything is mixed together, cut the fresh mint leaves into thin slices by rolling each leaf up before cutting. Garnish with the cut mint and serve.





4 comments:

  1. I love tropical fruit and adore the taste of coconut. So this fruit salad is just right for me during these hot summer days. Thank you for sharing your recipe, dear Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva,
    Your very welcome! I know you'll love the flavors in this salad. I made it for my weekend get together and everyone loved it. Have a pleasant afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those guava... I haven't taste guava in years, and I miss all my tropical fruits....

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ceilo,
    I love tropical fruits, especially during the warm weather. They're expensive where I live, because we have to get then transported here. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete