Friday, July 25, 2008

Lime Flavored Baked Tortilla Chips


Last night I while surfing the web, I decided to look for a baked tortilla recipe to make for dinner. I came across a recipe and with a little revising it turned out delicious. Here are the easy to make tortillas below;
Ingredients;
1 pkg of whole wheat wraps
1 1/2 tbs olive oil
3 tbs lime juice
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp salt
A dash of black pepper
Slice 8 triangle shaped tortillas out of each wrap using a pizza cutter, or knife. Once completed, set the tortillas aside and mix the olive oil and lime juice together, then mix. In a cup, add 1 tsp of cumin, chili powder, salt and a dash of black pepper, then mix together with a spoon. Place the wheat tortillas in a large bowl and pour the oil, lime mixture over them and toss, so that all the tortillas are well coated. Place in a single layer on a baking sheet and sprinkle all the tortillas with the chili powder mixture, making sure to get both sides. Bake in the oven heated to 375 for 5 to 8 minutes, then turn each tortilla over and bake for another 5 to 8 minutes.

Once removed from the oven, transfer tortillas onto a platter and serve with your favorite salsa, bean dip, or guacamole.

6 comments:

  1. OMG! I had no idea this was so easy, or I would have been doing it ages ago. Thanks for stopping by, Lydia. Did you know I'd rush right over to find this?

    Have a great day!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat, Your welcome. This is a very easy recipe. I had it last night and it turned out great. I had no idea you would come visit me this quick! Thank you! Have a pleasant start to the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good evening, dear Lydia,
    I love tortilla chips but have never tried them flavored with lime.
    Wishing you a good weekend,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva, I hope your having a pleasant Friday. Maybe someday you will get to try them. I'm sure you'll like them. You don't even have to use the spices to make them. Just salt, pepper and oil. This recipe is so flexable. Thank you for your wishes the very same to you Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lydia you have a gift for making me hungry hee. I will have to try this recipe! Thankyou once again. Have a beautiful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jamerson, I do hope you try it, you'll love it. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete