Sunday, July 27, 2008

My First Three Apricots!

Two years ago I had three baby apricot trees planted. This summer I noticed one was dead. How disappointing that was! The flip side of this all is, I was so excited when my daughter and husband came in eating some freshly picked apricots off of one of our trees. This is the first year they had fruit. Even though we only have 3 apricots on one tree, it's still so exciting. I'm hoping next season will bring a nice yield of apricots. Now I have to find another tree to replace the dead apricot tree. Maybe I'll plant a peach tree in it's place.

7 comments:

  1. Hello, dear Lydia,

    how wonderful to eat your own abricots, I love this fruit.

    Wishing you a sunny Sunday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Eva, I'm so excited about having my own apricots. I thought they would never get fruit. I too love apricots. Have a wonderful sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lucky you are. I had apricots last week from the Farmers Market and they were delicious but I bet yours are better. Next year you will be making all sort of things with apricots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Judy, I really want to learn how to make jam. This way I can make, apricot, blackberry and currant jam. Hopefully it will be easy to make and I can try it out next year. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh soooo cute! lydia...you're beautiful, just in case i never told u that :) apricots are soooo cute, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congratulations lydia. it's so exciting just having buds, but 3 full apricots that's great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Wendiva, Thank you for the complement! Ditto, you are too.
    I can't wait to find an apricot jam recipe. Have a great day.

    Hello Apricot Fan, Welcome to my blog. Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete