Monday, June 23, 2008

Vegetarian Stuffed Mushrooms

For those of you who like stuffed mushrooms, here's a nice light vegetarian stuffed mushroom recipe to make for dinner guests or your family.
Ingredients;
18 button mushrooms, washed, stems popped off and stems chopped
3 large cloves of garlic, minced
1 small minced onion
1/2 diced tomato
1 tbs chopped fresh basil
1 tbs chopped fresh parsley
1 tbs olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 1/2 tbs lemon juice
1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
3 tbs Romano cheese (optional)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Carefully pop stems off from the mushrooms. Once the stems are removed, finely chop the stems up and place them in a medium bowl. Set the caps aside. Place the rest of the ingredients in with the chopped stems and mix together well. Stuff the caps generously with the mixture. Place in a baking dish lightly greased with olive oil and cover. Bake in the oven for 25 minutes. When they've been in the oven for 25 minutes, bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes. remove from the oven and serve with your favorite main course.

5 comments:

  1. Hello Lydia,
    I love stuffed mushrooms and have a French recipe for it. Yours is interesting, too.
    Wishing you a pleasant start into the week,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lydia! I love your blog. I'm also into veggie eating and growing! I would love to exchange blog weblinks with you. Would you post mine, and I'll post yours?

    LOVE YOUR LIFE
    http://allisonwincabral.blogspot.com/

    Thanks.
    Allison
    certified life coach

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Eva, Mushrooms French style sounds delicious. I would love to try it out! Have a great day!

    Hello Allison, Welcome to my blog. I'm very happy you enjoy my recipe. I already placed your blog on my favorite blog's list. Thank you for doing the same for me. Growing our own veggies is so healthy for us. I just love taking advantage of living off the land in the summer. I look forward to visiting your blog often. Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lydia Mushrooms have always been one of my favorites thanks for the recipe have a beautiful day Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Jamerson, I hope you enjoy this recipe. It's one of my favorites. I also love mushrooms and have them on whatever I can. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete