Friday, June 13, 2008

My Rugosa Roses And Climbing Roses, They're Looking So Shabby Chic

My rugosa roses are now drooping as seen in the photo above. They bloomed with so many roses and now they are stating to lay on top of my walk way. I don't want to cut them back, so people will just have to walk around them. Below are my climbers. They're trellising up my front porch railings. While sitting on my porch, there's tons of little roses poking through my railings from my climber and they give off such a nice fragrance. I planted these rose bushes when I was very into shabby chic decor for both my indoor decorating and outdoor gardens. I still love and practice decorating my home and gardens shabby chic , but I now incorporate other styles along with the shabby chic look and use a lot of nature such as, beach rocks, seashells, pine cones plants, etc... as decorative ornaments around my home.


5 comments:

  1. Hello Lydia,
    there is nothing shabby whatsoever about your roses. They all look luxurious and opulent. It must be wonderful to have all those sweet scents wafting in through the open windows in summer.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva, The smell is very fragrant. Everyone who walks through my walkway comments about the sweet smell of the roses. I'm planing on planting 4 more rugosa roses to use as a privacy screen this autumn. They will look pretty while in bloom next year. Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a splendid idea, Lydia.
    The more privacy, the better. Wishing you a peaceful weekend,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lydia... come to the house in the roses and show your garden there... come see, we're having a "Show Me Your Garden Party"!!

    Hope you can participate

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Cielo, Thank you! I will participate. I'll get you some photos of my roses to you tomorrow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete