Thursday, June 12, 2008

Mango Fruity Pops

A wonderful overall nutritional source, mangoes are rich in dietary fiber and carbohydrates. Mangoes contain many different vitamins such as; A, C, E, B6, K and other B vitamins. They also contain potassium and copper making this #1 star fruit a must to add to any one's diet.
This simple and yet tasty summer freeze pop recipe, made of ripe mango and Cinnamon, is sure to satisfy every one's sweet tooth without the added fat that many other sweet treats contain. All you will need is 1 large ripe mango, chopped, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a dash of salt. If the mango isn't ripe enough, add 1/4 cup of orange juice also.
Place everything into a blender and blend on high for 30 seconds or until smooth. Pour into Popsicle molds and freeze for 6 hours.

A mango tree blossom.

A mango tree full of mangoes.

7 comments:

  1. I love the sweet exotic taste of ripe mango fruit. You have got an astonishing amount of recipes gathered, Lydia. I am sure your children love this one during the hot summer days.
    Wishing you a good Thursday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva,
    Mangos are a natural and healthy dessert. I buy them all the time. While I was growing up my mom and dad always had mangoes, kiwi and persimmons in our home to snack on. When in season my mom also made sure we had pomegranates and figs too. I always liked these fruits and would much rather have these after a meal than pies and cakes. My mother usually cut up all kinds of friuts to eat after our dinner. She rarely had sweets such as cakes ect... in our house.
    My daughter is starting to show a great interest in cooking, so I wil start teaching her easy recipes in during her summer vacation. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love mangos. And that photo of them is great. My sister has a big mango tree and gets sick of eating them - whilst I have to pay a fortune for them when they are in season.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda, Your sister is so lucky! I wish we could grow mangoes around here. They are expensive where I'm from too. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow that sounds really good. I'll have my kids try it out for a summer treat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet another great recipe. I have to do some shopping later today and I'm going to get me some mangoes and make this right away since the weather has been hot and humid in the past week and that's just the kind of treat I need to keep the juices flowing. Yum! Yum!

    Thanks!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Oswegan, I'm sure they will love it! Have a great day!

    Hello Kat, Your welcome! This is really a nice refreshing summer treat. Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete