Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My First Rose Blooms

Finally! My rose bushes are starting to bloom. The photos of the pink roses are from a huge old fashioned shrub rose I purchased and planted a few years back. This bush was small when I first bought it, and It's now huge. The bush is as tall as me and blooms profusely right through fall. It's absolutely stunning, and grows so many roses all at once. As soon as the old ones start to die back, new ones immediately replace them. This is one of my favorite rose bushes. I loved it so much I went and bought a white rose bush just like it last year.


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful roses, Lydia. You are lucky to have this huge rosebush grown so tall. That is what I like about roses that they bloom so profusely all through summer and fall.
    Wishing you a peaceful Wednesday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva, Thank you! After the blooms die off in the late fall, this bush get tons of bright red rose hips. They are so pretty. Have a great afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia..hi!

    You never cease to amaze me with all of your creative abilities..the flowers are beautiful, and so are your paintings that you put on here!

    I know this must be a very busy time of year for you, with all that is blooming..flowers and veggies!

    I will be moved into my new home in less than two weeks, and I'm wishing that I had some of your magic ability with growing things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jan, Thank you! I have been very busy outside. I finally have my veggie garden all planted! Congrats on your new home! You must be so excited to move. I'm sure you'll be quite busy settling in. Have a great evening and best wishes with your new house.

    ReplyDelete