Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sunflowers

The sunflower is a source of beauty, food, and medicine. Because the oil from sunflowers is so prized, it's grown in large crops in Spain, Italy and Greece.
Sunflowers have great healing properties and are used in homeopathy, herbalism and aromatherapy.


In homeopathy it is used to revive people after illness, high fever and weakness.It's also used for indigestion, congestion and rheumatism of the knees.
In herbalism it's a great source of protein and has an abundance of nutrition. Taking the oil of the sunflower internally is good for tonifying the liver and spleen.

In aromatherapy it treats wounds and helps against inflammation.
Esoteric meaning; The joy of life
Sunflowers stand for joy. Since the sunflower resembles the sun, it enchants our imaginations. Joy comes when we open up to the light within and allow our own sun to shine.
Affirmation; When I let my sun shine I am JOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. How beautiful they are, dear Lydia.

    I truly felt this joy of life when walking along huge sunflower fields over here.

    Early in the morning they turned their heads to the rising sun like a prayer.

    Thank you for the photos.

    Blessings

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love sunflowers and love ths post!
    Beautiful pictures!

    Great post ...thank you Lydia and have a wonderful day!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you! I'm glad you like the photos.
    I'm sure it was beautiful when you first saw all the pretty sunflower fields.
    This is one thing I love about sunflowers they turn their heads to follow the sun. I find that extremely amazing and very interesting.
    Your very welcome Olivia,
    Have a beautiful night,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margie,
    Thank you. I too love sunflowers. I plant a large variety of them mixed in with my veggies every summer.
    I plant mammoths, autumn suns, lemon queens and many more types. They're so pretty to look at and to take photos of.
    Wishing you a beautiful evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Lydia My you certainly have a talent for blogging I really enjoy reading your blogs. Have a wonderful day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank you! That's a wonderful complement!!!!!!
    I'm happy you enjoy my blog!
    Have a great evening and keep warm,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete