Wednesday, October 28, 2009

ITALY'S BEST WINNING GARLIC BREAD!

Today I received an email with some tasty autumn recipes! One was the "sunset pumpkin soup" which I have written as "Sunrise Pumpkin Soup" on my last post.
The other recipe was called "Lost Garlic Bread". Now I don't know the recipe for lost garlic bread, because I didn't write that one down, but I sure do have a tasty and healthy recipe for "Winning Garlic Bread". One reason why it's a winning garlic bread, is that it's made with whole grains and is much better for your health, than refined white flour products are. It's also honestly delicious!!!!!
Ingredients;
Whole grain Italian bread, homemade or purchased from your local bakery
3 minced cloves of garlic
Extra virgin olive oil
1 tbs fresh minced parsley
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Pre heat oven to 375. Slice loaf of bread in half, length wise. Spread enough olive oil on both of the halves. Once you've spread the oil over the top of each half, sprinkle minced garlic and the rest of the ingredients evenly on top of the bread. If desired you can top with a bit of Parmesan cheese before popping it into the oven. Let garlic bread bake for 10 minutes or until lightly toasted. Remove, slice and serve immediately.

This is a scrumptious side for any of your Italian favorites!!!!!
By PhotoKitty

5 comments:

  1. Dear Lydia,

    I love garlic bread.

    There is a sort of bread here which is called "six graines", it is baked with six different types of grains and tastes wonderful.

    Blessings

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great recipe!
    Thanks Lydia.
    I love garlic bread!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Olivia,
    It sounds so tasty.
    I only buy whole grain bread, even in Italian and French types. It's much better and I think it also has more flavor over white bread.
    Have a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Margie! This one is fast and easy to throw together.
    Have a great evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. All meals are rich in vitamin a garlic flavor and adds a natural antibiotic and he is good in my swine flu

    ReplyDelete