Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Warm Peach Dessert

This past weekend I tried making a warm peach dessert recipe I had gotten out of my body and soul magazine. Even though I ended up revising the recipe some, it turned out absolutely mouth watering. It's still a pretty healthy dish, while at the same time satisfying most people's sweet tooth. Here's the recipe below.
Ingredients;
1 Cinnamon stick
1 sprig of fresh thyme
2 tbs of brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup of water
4 medium to large fresh peaches ( picked up at your local farm market if possible), pitted and cut into quarters

Place 1 cinnamon stick, the sprig of thyme, brown sugar, vanilla extract and 1 cup of water into a medium skillet. Bring to a boil and let cook for 8 minutes. When the 8 minutes are up add the quartered peaches, cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook while stirring occasionally for about ten minutes or until the peaches are well coated and softened. Once the peaches are cooked, remove them from the heat. Scoop either vanilla frozen yogurt or soy vanilla ice cream in individual bowls and top with warm peaches. Garnish with fresh springs of thyme and a fresh cinnamon stick before serving.
Warmed fresh peaches are a perfect and healthy dessert for those hot late summer weekend evenings.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia,

    I would never have thought to put peaches with thyme, but I'm sure it adds nicely to the flavour. Body and Soul magazine must be really good - I'll have to see if I can find it at my Chapters' book store.

    Have a nice day!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kat,
    This is the first time I've ever tried thyme with peaches too and it was so good.
    You would love body and soul magazine. There are so many healthy and delicious recipes. There are also a lot of heathful tips and great articles.
    I've had a subscription to them for 3 years now and I'm about to renew it again.
    Wishing you a warm and sunny day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good afternoon, dear Lydia,
    peaches combined with my favourite flavours, cinnamon and vanilla - hm, delicious!
    Wishing you a pleasant Wednesday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds yummy. have a great day lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eva, It's soooooooooo good It really hits the spot when your craving something sweet.
    Have a great evening,
    Lydia

    Hello Alison,
    Thank you! Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds so good, I'll have to give it try with some homemade ice cream. And since the peaches are so beautiful now it will be fun to make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Judy,
    Your homemade ice cream must be delicious! The peaches would be great over your ice cream.
    Have a sunny thursday!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete