Thursday, August 21, 2008

Peach Salsa

There are so many different ways to make salsa. Summer is the best time to experiment with different salsa recipes, because of all the different fresh locally grown fruits and vegetables we have access to.
Last night I made a really nice peach salsa. It worked very well with the whole wheat lime tortilla chips (the whole wheat tortilla chip recipe is on my blog )I made to dip into it.
The recipe to this tasty colorful dish is listed below;

3 medium ripe, but still firm peaches, pitted and chopped
2 cups chopped cantilope
2 cups of medium tomotoes
2 1/2 tbs fresh lime juice
2 tbs olive oil
Salt to taste
1 medium chopped sweet onion
1 medium chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper
1 small chili pepper chopped and seeded
1/2 cup of chopped fresh cilantro

mix all of the ingredients together is a large bowl. Cover and chill for at least 4 hours before serving.
This salsa would taste great with tortilla chips, fish, chicken, vegetables, or in a pita pocket.

6 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, dear Lydia,
    I have never tasted a peach salsa yet, it is worth a try because I love the sweet, juicy taste and lovely smell of ripe peaches.
    Wishing you a pleasant Thursday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva, You will really like this salsa. It's sweet, tasty and it has a nice spicy flavor to it at the same time. Peaches are in season right now so I've been snacking on them and cantilope. Have a sunny afternoon,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lydia.... just came back from my trip to the galaxies :) and wanted to come by to say hi... and thanks for running away with me for a while, and for all your warm wishes and concerns. Hopes for joy, bliss, laughter, faith, peace, and love be with you....

    Hugs

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lydia, That looks so good. I've got a stack of your recipes to try. I thought I would try the warm peaches over ice cream so maybe I'll do the salsa this weekend too. Peaches are wonderful this time of year. I'm glad you like my dome. I'm trying to figure out what I want to put under it for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Ceilo,
    I hope you had a nice time traveling through the galaxies, I would run away to the galaxies you anytime!
    Thanks for coming by to say hello.
    Wishing you a day filled with happiness and sunshine!
    Lydia

    Hello Judy,
    Your welcome. I'm happy your going to try both of these peach recipes this weekend. I just got through making up a batch of the peach salsa for the weekend. I also made up a spicy limey salsa.
    I can't wait to see what your going to put under your dome this fall, I'm sure it will be scrumptious! I will surely be making some your sweet treats for my family!
    Have a day full of cheer, joy and sunshine,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Lydia Now this looks delicious I can't wait to try this. Have a wonderful day my friend.

    ReplyDelete