Friday, August 8, 2008

The Lovely Rose

Photo By "Me"
There are so many unexpected moments of rare beauty associated with roses. Even when the flowers are hidden in the fading light their perfume is held on the air: an all pervading reminder of the loveliness that will be there for us to enjoy through long, sunlit days. Though time may erode all things, yet the rose continues to build truth on legend until the position this flower holds in public esteem is assured for as long as there are gardens and gardeners to care for them.
Geoffrey Smith
From" A passion for plants"

4 comments:

  1. Good evening, dear Lydia,
    what beautiful roses and a lovely photo! I share your passion for flowers, so these red roses mean a lot to me ...
    Wishing you good times in your sunlit gardens,
    Lia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lia,
    Thank you! Roses are so beautiful and since they are not going to be around much longer, I'm going to dedicate a few posts to these pretty bushes.
    Have a wonderful and relaxing evening!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indeed, lovely unexpected moments of rare beauty! You know how I feel about roses.... and I so share your sentiments about this lovely flower.....

    Have a great afternoon, Lydia

    cielo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Ceilo,
    Thank you! Yes I know you love roses. You and Suzanne both have some of the most beautiful rose photos I've seen yet.
    I also love your nighttime and dusk posts. They are so mysterious and pretty.
    Wishing you a very pleasant start to the weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete