Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kiwi Rolls

Kiwi is both a sweet and tart fruit and provides a high amount of vitamins.

It's only 108 calories and it also contains fiber, potassium, vitamin C and E.

Last week while looking through my latest "Body and Soul" magazine I came across two recipes and tried them both. Needless to say they were both very unique and very delicious.

Kiwi rolls are one of the recipes I tried. If you want to try something healthy, refreshing, and tasty with hardly any fat at all, then I suggest you try this recipe.

Ingredients;

1 /12 oz thin rice noodles

1/4 cup fresh mint leaves

4 tbs honey

1 tbs lime juice

1/8 tsp chili powder

8 round rice paper wrappers

4 kiwifruit peeled, sliced in half lengthwise,

then thinly sliced crosswise

1/3 cup of peanuts, coarsely chopped



Make noodles according to the directions on the package. Drain and rinse under cold water; pat dry with paper towels. In a medium bowl, toss noodles, mint and 1 tbs of honey together.

For the dipping sauce, whisk together remaining 3 tbs honey, lime juice, chili powder and 1 tbs water in a small bowl. Set aside.

For each roll, soak the wrapper in a bowl of warm water until softened, usually 30 seconds. Lift out and transfer to work surface. Lay 1/8 of sliced kiwi, 1/8 noodles, and 1/8 peanuts at one end of the wrapper. Fold ends in and roll tightly to enclose filling. keep repeating until all 8 wraps are filled.

Cover with damp paper towel until ready to serve. Halve rolls and serve with dipping sauce.







6 comments:

  1. Good evening, dear Lydia,
    I don't cook much these days, but the recipe sounds good, and green photo is so pretty.

    Wishing you a peaceful evening,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva,
    Thank you!
    These fruits are great just sliced and eaten as a snack. My kids love kiwi.
    Have a peaceful evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I to love kiwi!
    By the way... I love your new banner!
    And I love strwaberies to!
    Actualy my little Treasure asked me if she could have strawberies again...
    Unfortunately, they aren`t really avaiable to buy at the moment...
    Unless, you have a big pocket, as they are so expensive to buy at the moment, and they aren`t as sweet, at this time of the year.
    Sorry, it seems that I just kept going on, and on, as usual...
    Lol
    Of now, I`m going to invade someone`s blog now!
    Lol
    Love,
    Debbie Moss

    (England)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where do I get rice paper wrappers? I love the taste of kiwi - like strawberries almost, but so juicy! The thought of mint and honey and chili powder sounds delectable. I might just try this combo tossed with the noodles alone. Sounds so good, Lydia!

    Kat

    There's a new Blast From the Past post up, if you'd like to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Debbie,
    Thank you!
    I love your comments!
    I completely understand when you say your little treasures love
    strawberries.
    My kids also love strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. I do too. Unfortunately, They're really pricey here during the off season too, so I don't buy them.
    In the summer I grow tons of delicious and sweet blackberries in my back yard. We eat them all summer long.
    Have a great evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kat,
    You can usually find rice wraps in the international or Asian section of your grocery store.
    If not I think that the noodles, honey and mint would taste great alone without the wrap.
    There's also no fat in it, It's fat free making it a very healthy dish.
    I would love to go and read your new post.
    Wishing you a nice day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete