Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Another Celestial Oil Painting


A few weeks ago I started this oil for my son, because he kept asking me if I could paint him a spaceship or a rocket ship. I finally finished this composition for him tonight. Here is is. It's still wet, so I snapped the shot with it still on my easel.
I have enough paintings to keep me busy for another month or two.
It's just so relaxing and meditative to go up into the attic room of my house, put on a great CD and get lost in my painting while enjoying some great music. I haven't done that in a long time and I realized tonight, how much I missed doing this.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, dear Lydia,

    another one of your beautiful oil paintings, bravo !

    Actually, I like to look at the sun and moon without space ships or rockets, but children have a view of their own ...

    Wishing you a pleasant Thursday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow...soooo talented
    xx
    t

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva, Thank you! It feel so good to get into my painting again.
    I too would have rather done this without the rocket, but my son insisted there had to be a rocket in it.
    Wishing you a very nice day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello T,
    Thank You!
    I was meaning to ask you if I could place your blog link on my favorite blog's list?
    Wishing you a very nice day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lucky boy your son is, Lydia! I love the imagination and vibrant colors that went in to this painting and I'll bet he keeps it all his life!

    ReplyDelete