Saturday, July 25, 2009

Summer Slaw with Lemon-Soy Dressing


Here's another great recipe I got from my local grocery store. It's delicious and perfect to serve on those hot summer evenings. You won't end up feeling guilty about eating a whole bunch of saturated fat either, because this recipe does not contain mayonnaise.
Ingredients;
1 (10 oz) package of coleslaw mix
3/4 c chopped fresh cilantro
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped peanuts
In a large bowl, combine coleslaw and cilantro.
In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, soy sauce, and oil.
Add the dressing to the coleslaw and mix together.
cover and refrigerate for a few hours or 1 whole day.
When ready to serve top with chopped peanuts.

10 comments:

  1. Another great recipe, I am definitely trying this. Thanks Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Judy! This cole sslaw is soooooo good and perfect for summer!
    Have a great evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic photo! Makes me want to eat fruit and vegetables!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    Thank you! I saw this photo and had to use it. I would love to shop around at this friut and veggie stand!
    Everyhting looks so fresh and delicious!
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, dear Lydia,

    the recipe sounds great. I love coleslaw.

    The local fruit and vegetable markets over here are great, too.

    I buy lots of tomatoes and black olives, they taste wonderful with French goat cheese.

    Have a good week,

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Olivia,
    That sounds so good! I love shopping at fruit and veggie stands! I prefer it over the grocery store. When I can, the stand down the road is where I buy the things I need that are in season and that I do not grow myself, especially butternut and acorn squash in the early fall!!!!!!
    I'm very happy your enjoying France!!
    I'm sure it's picturesque!
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Picturesque indeed, dear Lydia,

    I will show pictures as soon as I can enter into my blog again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How much lemon juice?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Olivia,
    I can'r wait to see your beautiful pictures!!!!!!!!!
    I'm sure you love it there!
    I also look forward to visiting your blog once you start blogging again!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I'm sorry! I forgot to list how much lemon to add!
    Thank you for letting me know.
    You use the juice of one lemon.
    I updated the recipe and included the amount of lemon that needs to be added.
    Have a great weekend and welcome to my blog!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete