Friday, July 10, 2009

Green Beans With Lemon And Dill

Beans will be ready to pick soon and there are so many delicious ways to prepare them.
I planted about 6 different varieties of pole and bush beans. I'm looking forward to harvesting my first basket.
Here's a great recipe to try next time you decide to steam some green beans.
Ingredients;
1 large bunch of green beans, washed and stems removed
2 cloves of minced garlic
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Juice of a lemon
1 tbs fresh dill
Sea salt and fresh ground pepper
Steam green beans in a vegetable steamer just until tender.
Transfer beans to a bowl. Add olive oil, dill, lemon juice, garlic, sea salt and fresh ground pepper to the beans then toss. Serve immediately.










6 comments:

  1. I love green beans and will definitely give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lydia tnx for this recipe I like lemon and dill can't wait to try this one have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy,
    I hope all has been going well with you? Welcome back!
    This recipe is so good and perfect to serve as a side with anything.
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamerson,
    I love this recipe too! It's so tangy.
    I'm a bit mad at myself for forgetting to plant dill this year. I usually have it in my garden.
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lydia..just reading this recipe makes my mouth water. It sounds so delicious.

    I hope you, and your family are well, and enjoying your summer.

    I've looked on your blog for an email address, but don't see one.

    Mine is on my blog, should you ever want to write to me, okay? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Jan,
    You'll love this recipe. It has great flavor to it, while at the same time being light.
    I don't have my email displayed on my blog. Thank you for inviting me to email you. I will email you and when I do, I can give you my email address too!
    We have all been doing good. I hope you have also. I'm sure you've been getting as much rain as we have.
    It will finally be a dry week so that I can get out there and finish weeding the veggie garden while at the same time planting some more beets, lettuce and carrots for an autumn harvest.
    Wishing you a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete