Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kids Will Love This Veggie Dip!


Getting my kids to eat healthy snacks is like pulling teeth. They love all junk foods and hate vegetables. I think they've both inherited my hubby's taste buds.
Since I found this veggie dip recipe, I can get them to eat some carrots.

Ingredients;
2 tbs salsa, mild
4 tbs fat free ranch dressing
2 cups cucumber sticks
2 cups fresh baby carrots

Combine dressing and salsa.
Stir until blended.
Chill and serve with cucumber sticks and baby carrots.

Tips:
Carrots, especially baby carrots, is a great way to have a fat free snack anytime.
To keep carrots longer, seal carrots in a plastic bag before storing in the refrigerator crisper.
Carrots taste best when used within two weeks of harvesting, or purchasing.

6 comments:

  1. A very good recipe, Gypsy.

    So you are the only one in your family to love healthy food ?

    Wishing you all the best,

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Lydia I was thinking about salads earlier but this sounds good. Tnx for the recipe. Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Olivia,
    This recipe is very good and easy to put together. Unfortunately, I can't eat it myself, because creamy sauces don't agree with my tummy.
    I am the only one who likes healthy food here. I try to get the rest of my family to eat somewhat healthy. Hopefully, my children's taste buds will will change as they get older.
    Wishing you a wonderful and restful evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamerson,
    I'm sure you'll love this. It's so easy and fast to put together.
    It's also perfect to serve for a snack when young children are visiting.
    Wishing you a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! my name is Daphne Spurlock and I just want to thank you for the helpful information that you provided on your website about organic foods and recipes. I also have a website that's called WWW.Digintoorganic.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Daphne,
    Welcome to my blog! I'm happy you like my recipes!
    I look forward to visiting your web page too!
    Have a great Sunday!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete