Thursday, January 15, 2009

A Winter Morning Near My House

As I was driving my son to preschool this morning, I couldn't help but notice how pretty the bay looked all snow covered with the sunshine gleaming down on it. The bay look as if it had a million little diamond chips glistening all over the top of it.
After returning home I hurriedly grabbed my camera before the sun could go behind the clouds, drove up to the marina almost across the street from my house, so I could snap this photo above. Even though I hate the winter and cold weather, I can't help but notice the beauty of the landscape when the sun is shining down on the freshly fallen snow.

9 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful winter picture, Lydia. I love your new header too!
    I also love the colors in your abstract ainting. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Linda, Thank you!
    I figured the new photo above would be the most practical for January's cold temps.
    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lydia thats a great picture! It looks so cold The sun finaly came out over here Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank You! The strangest thing happened. I just noticed that in this photo there's an image by the sunshine. I didn't see anything when I was taking the photo. I also took a similar photo at a different angle right after taking this one and when I checked that phtoto there was no spot in the sky ruling out that the lense was not dirty.
    I don't know what that spot is.
    Wishing you a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful winter photo, dear Lydia.
    Wishing you a pleasant weekend,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Eva,
    Thank you! I am also wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lydia wow there is definitly something there. I seen pictures with colored orbs of light before very interesting what you captured on film dear. Send it to coast to coast and have them take a look at it.have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank you for the advise!!!!!
    I will do that.
    Have a nice weekwnd!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete