Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Honey Kiss Lip Balm

Last week when I received my "Spa" magazine in the mail (which I absolutely enjoy reading), I read one of their articles with information on how to keep our lips moist during the winter. There was also a homemade lip balm recipe to go along with this article, which I couldn't wait to try.
I must have about 5 lip treatments laying around in my car, my house and in my purse. I make sure that where ever I am there's always lip moisturizer around for easy access.
This morning I made the lip treatment. It's not only easy to make, it also works great.
For those of you who want to try and make your own winter lip treatment, just follow the recipe below and have fun making it.
Ingredients
2 tsp almond oil
1 tsp honey
1 tsp beeswax pellets
1 vitamin E capsule
Combine almond oil, honey, beeswax, and fluid from the E capsule in a small pan. Stir over medium heat until beeswax melts. Pour into small containers and let cool completely.
This would also make a great little surprise gift for someone.

6 comments:

  1. Good evening, dear Lydia,

    I am too lazy to make lip balm, just a good lipstick will do for me to keep my lips moist.

    Have a calm night,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva,
    Lipstick with moisterizer will do just as well as lip balm for keeping healthy lips during cold weather.
    For some reason I can never have enough lip balm laying around.
    Wishing you a very nice evening. Keep warm. It's still freezing cold here where I live.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely, Lydia! My lips tend to dry out too and the idea of almond and honey is very nice..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda,
    You'll love it!!!!!!
    It's also very easy and quick to make!
    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am never without my lip balm. I panic if I don't have one with me. I have them in the car, the bedroom, my jacket pockets, my purse - everywhere I can think of!
    This is a neat little recipe.

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Kat,
    I'm the same exact way. I have lip balm laying around everywhere, including in my pants pockets and many times I end up running them through the wash, because I forget the lip balms in my pocket.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete