Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Porch Of The Home I Grew Up In

This piece of art was created by a woman who my dad knew briefly, after my mother passed away. She use to work with pen and ink. She made this composition for my dad, while sitting outside of the home I grew up in. Unfortunately, my father had to sell his house shortly after my mom died, because it was way too big for him to take care of on his own. This picture brings back many pleasant memories. One in particular being the chair that use to sit on the front porch. I remember my mom sitting in it while she was waiting for me to pick her up, so we could go out and about. The kitties walking on the side walk were both living at my father's at the time. The silver cat is Tessa who now resides with me and the black cat is Louis who now resides in Florida. I hope Louis is doing well.
This picture now hangs in my house and I just love staring at it, so I can remember my childhood.

11 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have this painting connected to your childhood memories. I am sure that your mother will smile upon you as you look at it, thinking how she was sitting in that chair to wait for you ...

    Have a pleasant Tuesday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm glad you share it. Shared joy is double joy.

    One of the best thing living up in the north is the light. Now is the dusk beginning and the clock is 20:43.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And one of the worst is the darkness in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva, Thank you for your comment. I love this picture so much. The woman portrayed a day on my porch so well, with the kitties walking by and the chair in the corner. I'm sure my mother is pleased that I have this now hanging in my home.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Eric, This is such a joyful painting for me to look at. There is so much memory for me while viewing it. I'm happy the day is longer in your parts now. It's getting longer here too. I love it when daylight saving time kicks in, which I think happens around June.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lydia..how sweet of you to share this precious memory with us!

    That picture has to be one of your most prized possessions!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jan, I just got so excited when I was given this picture over the weekend, I had to share it with you all. It was sitting in my dad's storage unit, ever since he moved out of his house a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Lydia great works touch the heart the very soul in ones life either great or small. When it brings emotions in all levels.Inspiring Joy happiness for example. Now this is truely a great gift. A great work of art Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jamerson, I feel the same way as you do about art. All different forms of art can touch someone at a very deep level if we let ourselves focus on it, whether it be painting, writing, poetry, music or any other form of art. I tried to get onto your blog, but the page wouldn't display. I'll try again soon. Have a wonderful evening!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely reminder of your past and of your Mother. It is always nice to be able to look at something that evokes feelings and times in your life that meant much. Thank for sharing your picture and your memories.
    Blessing to you and your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helo Dave, Thank you. It really does feel so good when I can look back at this painting and get a feeling of nastalgia . Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete