Wednesday, February 1, 2012

He ends the night and heralds the day
He wakes us up for work and play
He stirs the seed deep in the earth
And sends it sprouting up through Her girth
He rules the months, our season's, and days
And with his fire, He lights our way
He brings us joy and warms our hearts
He promises a brand new start
He doles out doses of vitamin D
To increase our calcium absorbency
He brings us air and stirs the tides And all the while, through the sky He rides
Without a cross word or a single objection
Do you know who he is? Have you made the connection? He is none other than the glorious Sun
Who only finds rest when our day is done
Dorothy Morrison


2 comments:

  1. There are two points in a day when I am most appreciative of the sun: early mornings between 5 and 7, and in the afternoons, between 4 and 6. I call those moments "the changing of colors" moments. Not one day is ever the same as the other in beauty!

    Hello there, Lydia! How are you? I've been peeking through your blog and glad to see vegan recipes.

    I'm trying to be a better "eater" this year and your bloggie' here will be a lot of help! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lady prism,
    I hope all has been going well with you!
    I'm glad your eating healthy and looking to some of my recipes.
    The sun in all it's phases is amazing! I also love the sunshine at high noon. In the summer i love feeling the heat coming from the south and I'm sure my garden does too.
    I've been visiting your blog also. I enjoy your posts.
    Wishing you a wonderful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete