Thursday, February 9, 2012

Fat Flush Soup

According to research, if you eat soup 20 minutes before you eat lunch, you'll consume less calories during lunch.
I found this soup recipe called " fat flush soup" out of a natural health magazine. Though it's original recipe calls for meat, I've altered this dish to make it vegan friendly.
Ingredients;
2 tbs olive oil
1onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1bell pepper, seeded and chopped
8 oz mushrooms, chopped
1 14oz can of crushed tomatoes
132oz bottle of vegetable juice
1 tbs fresh lemon juice
1 14oz can of pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1 tbs ground cumin
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1/4 cup fresh cilantro and parsley, chopped
In saucepan saute onions, mushrooms and pepper in olive oil, until soft, about 5 minutes.
Stir in remaining ingredients, except cilantro and parsley.
Cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Stir in fresh herbs.
Cover and simmer 10 minutes longer and serve.
This soup can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.


2 comments:

  1. I may try this here at home. :) Very nicely done, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Thank you. I hope you like it. I just found another great vegan soup recipe from peta.It's a roasted red pepper soup. I'm gonna make it tomorrow.
    I also hope to blog the recipe. Soups are great in the winter.
    have a lovely day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete