Thursday, January 14, 2010

Vegan Mac And Cheese

For anyone looking for a non dairy version of macaroni and cheese, this recipe is not only easy to put together, it's also absolutely healthy!

Ingredients;
Whole grain elbow pasta
1 tomato (optional)
Soy milk
6 slices or more of cheddar or American soy cheese
Brown rice flour
Sea salt and black pepper to taste

Boil pasta according to directions on back of package.
Preheat oven to 375.
Drain pasta and place in a medium baking dish.
Pour enough soy milk into the dish, until even with top of pasta.
Sprinkle 2 tbs of brown rice flour onto pasta.
Season with sea salt and pepper.
Place 6 or more slices of soy cheese over the top.
Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
Remove foil and stir well.
Continue to bake uncovered for another 15 to 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and serve.



8 comments:

  1. Thank you for adding my new blog to your blogroll, dear Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,
    Your welcome. I will add it to my other blog also.
    I Hope you enjoyed your day today.
    I also hope your letter arrives to you soon!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. * Hello there Lydia! You have just made me yummy hungry, haha!

    * Hope all is well. Enjoy your day! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lady Prism,
    I'm happy this recipe sounds good to you!
    I hope the new year is going good for you.
    I'm doing fine, just getting cabin fever already.
    Wishing you a great weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. yummmm... sounds yummy.
    have a wonderful day lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alison,
    Thank you! You too!!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am going to make this!
    Yummy!
    Thank you, Lydia.

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Margie,
    I hope you like it. It's very good and it leaves you feeling satisfied, without that heavy feeling when your done eating.
    My hubby and kids enjoy the traditional dairy recipe, so I make them the dairy mac and cheese while at the same time whipping myself up soy mac and cheese.
    Wishing you a cozy and warm evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete