Friday, January 1, 2010

Tomotoes Provincial

On Christmas Eve I prepared a nice French dinner for me and my husband.
Some of the recipes I followed were out of the "Recipes from Province" cookbook given to me by a dear friend. This tomato dish was delicious!!!!
"Tomatoes Provincial"
Extra virgin olive oil
Chopped parsley

Breadcrumbs
10 chopped cloves of garlic
3 lb tomatoes
White wine vinegar for drizzling on top of tomatoes

Cut tomatoes in two horizontally and empty out the seeds. Place them on a plate.
Mix garlic parsley and bread crumbs to make a persillade.
Cover the tomatoes with the mixture.
Pour olive oil over the tomatoes.
Place in an oven that's been preheated to 400 degrees. Bake for 15 to 25 minutes, depending on the size of the tomatoes.
Reduce the cooking juice and add a few drops of vinegar.




10 comments:

  1. Happy New Year!! I always follow Julia's recipe. They are so easy aren't they? And so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Kitten,
    Thank you!!!!!
    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy,
    Thank you!!!!!
    I have not tried too many of her recipes, though I would like to. I would also like to watch the movie.
    This tomato dish was an absolute breeze to put together!!!!!!!!!and delicious too!!!
    Happy New Year!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lydia I hope Your New Year started off to a great start. Wishing you and your family the best this year have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Lydia,

    you have got a pretty new photo and a shorter text, that's good.

    Wishing you a happy new year,

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jamerson,
    I'm wishing you the very same!!!!
    I hope your holidays were great.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you! I'm glad you like the new photo and I too like the fact that the post is not as long! The tomatoes were absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful new year!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  8. * Oh,lovely...just lovely!

    * My holidays were spent eating high calorie food, yaiks! Something like this would very much suit me now! :)

    * Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lady Prism,
    Your very welcome!!!!!! it's a tasty dish.
    Don't worry about eating the high calorie foods, It's a new year!
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete