Thursday, January 7, 2010

POICHICHADE (chick pea soup)

Here's a delicious soup recipe from my French cookbook "The Best Recipes From Provence."
Ingredients;
8 oz of cooked chick-peas
2 or 3 cloves crushed garlic
The juice of 2 lemons
1 tbs of olive oil
1 pinch of paprika
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbs parsley
Vegetable broth
Sesame seeds
Put
the chick peas in a blender, adding the lemon juice, crushed garlic, seasoning and vegetable broth so as to obtain a puree which is not too think.
Reheat gently.
Serve in a big bowl, season with paprika and chopped parsley.
Sprinkle
with olive oil and grilled sesame seeds.





4 comments:

  1. Wonderful, dear Lydia,

    this is a great recipe.

    Wishing you a great January,

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you for the cookbook. So far everything I made was soooo tasty!!!!!!!!
    wishing you a great weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, dear Lydia,

    I am glad you like the cookbook.

    Has the calendar for 2010 arrived?
    It shows photos of horses and bulls of the Camargue.

    I also sent you some metal plates of French bread and cakes to hang in the kitchen.

    Blessings
    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olivia,
    Yes, I received the calendar and the plaque. I'm sorry I thought I emailed you about it already? I must have gotten mixed up.
    I love both of them, including the travel book to France.
    I put the plaque in my kitchen, it looks very pretty and I will hang the calendar too!
    I hope your letter comes soon.
    I sent it out a few days ago.
    Wishing you a wonderful evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete