Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gingered Carrot Soup

2 tbsp olive oil
2 large onions, chopped
2 celary stalks, diced
2 lb baby carrots
1c orange juice
2 tbsp fresh minced ginger
1 to 2 tbsp. garam masala
1/2 tap grated fresh nutmeg
1 32 oz container of vegetable broth
1 1/2 c plain rice milk
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Heat oil in large soup pot. Add onions and celery and saute over medium heat until golden.
Add carrots, juice, spices and broth. Bring to a gentle boil and then cover for 20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Transfer soup to a blender in batches and puree until smooth. Return to pot. Place on low heat and stir in enough rice milk to give soup a medium - thick consistency.
Season with salt and pepper. Let soup stand an hour or two before serving and reheat as needed.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, wonderful recipe!
    Thanks Lydia.

    I did not see this one when I visited on Wednesday!

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marge
    I posted this tonight but had it in my drafts.
    I should have updated the post, so it would be the latest.
    I tried this tonight. It was very good!
    Hubby was ok with it . I loved it.
    have a wonderful evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete