Sunday, January 22, 2012

Brown rice and red beans with cilantro

Ingredients ;
1cup of brown rice, prepared as written on the package
Olive oil
1 large onion, chopped
1large green pepper, chopped
1cup of sliced baby bella mushrooms
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chili powder
1cup of red beans
Fresh squeezed juice of 1 lime
Sea salt eand black pepper to taste

Prepare brown rice as it states on package.
Meanwhile place enough olive oil in large sauce pan to saute vegetables. Heat oil, then add mushrooms, onions, and peppers to pan. Saute until tender. Add salt pepper, cilantro and spices to vegetables and saute 5 minutes longer. Add. Rice red beans and lime juice to pan. Stir well, heat thoroughly then serve.


5 comments:

  1. Lydia: After pondering this post, I have to say that it must be awesome over at your house! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Thank you!
    have a great day
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful recipe Lydia!
    Thanks for sharing!

    Have a great day!
    I'm just heading out to take a nice long walk with my dog Jake as it's the most beautiful morning!

    I'm so excited this week as Thursday is the day the grandbaby is due but she might be late, that is what my daughter was told on her Dr. visit last Friday.
    But then a baby can come at any time.

    C'ya later ...

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Margie,
    Thank you. I threw this together last. night and it was delicious, so I wanted to share it on my blog.
    congrats! You must be so excited! I'm sure your daughter is excited also.Enjoy your new granddughter and have a beautiful day on your walk!
    Many blessings from me to you Margie.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for the kind words, it's lovely to know you!

    ReplyDelete