Friday, January 27, 2012

6 Heart Healthy Foods

Certain foods can dramatically reduce your risk of heart desease.
Oatmeal decreases bad cholesterol.
Nuts boost good for you mono and polyunsaturated fats.
Extra virgin olive oil's monounsaturated fats lower LDL cholesterol and reduce your risk of heart disease.
Berries lower inflamation and have many other cardiovascular perks.
People who ate beans and lentils at least 4 times a week, had a 22 percent lower risk of heart disease than people who ate them less than once a week.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia: I love Oatmeal with raisins and also Granola with fruit and milk. I make it a practice of berries and also nuts (I'm starting to sound like Euell Gibbons). I like your mention here also of Olive Oil! Very nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michael,
    Eating healthy foods controls and prevents illness most of the time.
    Olive oil is the best. I use olive oil daily and a lot of it too. I always have because i was raised to use olive oil in almost everything. My great grandmother owned an olive oil businiss in Italy.
    Ingesting olive oil is also good at keeping our skin moist.
    Have a wonderful saturday!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete