Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Vagan Eggplant Lasanga

Ingredients;
4 medium eggplants, sliced lengthwise
1 tub of soft tofu
Soy mozzarella cheese
Marinara sauce(homemade or store bought)
1 tbs fresh basil, chopped
Vegan grated soy cheese
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Place sliced eggplant in a colander and put heavy plates on top to let moisture drain out of eggplant for about 1 hr.
Place eggplant on a flat baking sheet already sprayed with "extra virgin olive oil, no stick spray".
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, turn slices over and bake for another 15 minutes.
Meanwhile drain, wash and dry tofu. Place in a large bowl. Add chunks of soy mozzarella, basil, sea salt, pepper and vegan grated soy cheese to tofu and mash.
Coat bottom of baking dish with sauce and lay eggplant flat, covering the bottom of dish. Spread tofu, soy cheese mixture on top and layer eggplant over mixture. Keep repeating this until all ingredients are used.
Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle with grated soy cheese and a bit of crushed red pepper if desired.
Bake at 375 covered for 30 minutes.
Once finished uncover and let sit for 15 minutes before serving.

14 comments:

  1. I like eggplant, this is a good

    recipe, thank you, Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia, thanks!
    I had to pick a lot of eggplant in my garden so I made this dish for myself and eggplant rolletini for the rest of my family.
    I just plantedmore lettuce today also.
    Have a great evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you, how you work in

    the garden during the heat.

    It just simply wears me out.

    Wishing you a wonderful evening,

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello Olivia, thank you!
    It gets hard when it's very hot, but I am the only one here at my house who works in the garden. it'sa my thing and hubby doesn't want anything to do with it.
    Which is fine. It's a great workout!!!!!!!
    Have a wonderful evening!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are brave and courageous to

    confront that heat in the garden.

    Be careful though not to

    dehydrate, Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you! It's another hot one here today.
    I'm keeping cool and staying indoors today.
    Have a great evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are right to stay indoors.

    I have also been indoors mostly.

    Wishing you a calm evening,

    Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello Olivia,
    Most often times we find total peace and serenity in the privacy of your own homes.
    Wishing you a wonderful evening!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's true, Lydia.

    Our homes are our sanctuaries.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank god we all have a place to relax in, Olivia.
    I hope your keepig cool?
    Blessings,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes Lydia,

    my house is cool, I keep the

    shades half-closed during the

    day.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Olivia, that's good. Opening them at night to let the cool evening air in is good, then shutting everything including in the blinds in the morning keeps it cool.
    Do you have ac?
    Blessings, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  13. No Lydia,

    I do not have air condition in the

    house. It is an old village house,

    about 200 years old - freshly

    renovated. The walls are very thick.

    When I close the shutters during the

    day the inside stays cool.

    Those thick walls keep the heat

    out. In winter it is the other

    way around: the thick walls keep

    the heating inside. Not much gets

    lost. The old ones knew how to

    build houses.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  14. hello Olivia,
    I'm sure you live in a very charming house! I love old homes. they are my favorite. your very right that the older homes were built with much more quality and they are much more durable to stand the tests of time. the new homes start to fall apart in a few years. they have cheapened the material they use.
    If it were not for my dad being a builder and wanting to build us a home, I would have wanted to look for an old victorian house with 11 foot ceilings, clawfoot bath tub, hardwoods and glass door knobs. most of the apartments I lived in were old and charming with claw foot tubs and all the rest of the very pretty antique fixtures.
    it was quite a change going from charming and full of charator to new and bland.
    Enjoy your charming place!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete