Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Tomatoes and Vegetables

Ingredients;
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
3 medium cloves of garlic, minced
3 stalks celery with leaves if possible, chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup of green beans, cut in half
1 summer squash, chopped
5 medium ripe tomatoes, chopped
1 bunch of fresh chopped basil
1 tbs of fresh parsley
A pinch of fresh rosemary
1/2 of a Thai pepper, chopped (optional)
Sea salt and pepper to taste
1 cup of cooked pinto beans
Heat oil in large sauce pan. Add garlic, celery, onions, green beans, and summer squash to pan. Saute over medium high heat for about 15 minutes, Add tomatoes, basil, parsley, rosemary, 1/2 Thai pepper, and salt and pepper to taste. Cook for another 15 to 20 minutes over medium heat stirring occasionally covered.
During the last 5 minutes add the pinto beans.
Once finished, ditch the meat for a night and serve this as the main dish with a side of whole grain bread.





12 comments:

  1. Hello Lydia,

    I like tomatoes in all their

    forms and in various recipes.

    They are my favorite vegetable.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia, tomatoes are my favorite too.
    There are so many different things you can do with tomatoes and they're very healthy.
    I have 30 Tomato plants this year.
    I am just starting to pick them this week!!! they all look so nice and I have alot on the vines.
    I've benn enjoying homemade sauce, and tomato salad this week.
    Have a great evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30 tomato plants, that is great,

    so you won't run out of tomatoes

    for a while, Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olivia,
    I have tons and they are finally turning ripe.
    I have yellow tomotoes also. they're very large and tasty. I eat them in salads. I've made a yellow tomato pasta sauce with them and it's very sweet!
    Wishing you a great evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yellow tomatoes are rare here.

    Mostly we have just the red tomatoes

    in France.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plant them every year olivia. only 2 or three plants though. they bring a big yield.
    Blessings, lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look pretty too,

    just like yellow peppers look pretty.

    Blessings and a good weekend

    to you, Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Olivia,
    Yes, they do look pretty!
    I'm enjoying the taste of them. I made bruschetta with the yellow tomotoes last night!!!!
    Delicious!!!!!!!!!
    Blessings,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Lydia,

    I eat tomatoes with all of my

    main dishes now, they are so

    refreshing.


    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Olivia, I eat plenty of tamotoes, basil and extra virgin olive oil.
    they are all so healthy. I think I eat these three foods almost daily.
    Blessings, Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do,too.

    I eat tomatoes and olive virgine oil

    daily. It really tastes good.

    Have a nice evening, Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Olivia, I have been eating tomatoes and olive oil daily!
    My tomatoes are huge tasty and many!
    I am very happy with my veggies this year!
    Blessings,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete