Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Whole Grain Pasta With Lime Juice and Fresh Cilantro

Ingredients;
1pkg whole grain pasta
3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
2 large cloves of garlic minced
2 and 1/2 tbs lime juice (squeezed fresh)
4 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
1 half small chopped and seeded jalapeno pepper
Sea salt and pepper to taste

Prepare pasta as it states on back of package. Meanwhile put olive oil and garlic in a pan heat over medium high heat for 1 minute. Set aside. When pasta is done, drain and toss in with olive oil and garlic . Add all the rest of the ingredients, and cook for about 5 minutes stiring and tossing often.
Once finished remove from heat and add a bit more fresh cilantro to the pasta. Serve with a side of sliced fresh lime for exrta lime juice.

10 comments:

  1. This sounds like a very good

    recipe for the hot summer days,

    Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,
    I made this 2 times already and everyone loves it. The other night I made it with shrimp for hubby. He loved it. I made it vegan style for me and my friend yesterday and it tasted very good and very light.
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lydia,

    your family is lucky,

    you are such a good cook.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olivia, thank you!
    I love to eat from fresh foods. I try to avoid processed or boxed foods when I can. I also try to avoid frozen.
    I am trying to teach my kids this but it is harder for them, they like junk.
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Most kids like junk food - lol

    it is unfortunate, really.

    Your children should be happy

    that they have a "nature" mother

    who cooks fresh meals for them

    every day ...

    Have a pleasant afternoon,

    dear Lydia.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Olivia,
    the less junk around my home the healthier for my whole family!
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rain has finally come,

    it is a soft, warm drizzle.

    But better than nothing,

    the air has cooled down a bit

    and the plants soak up all

    the water they can get.

    Blessings

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. Olivia, this is great the plants need rain as much as sun.
    My tomatoes are many but all green yet!
    Have a wonderful evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am glad it rained,

    this saves water.

    Have a pleasant weekend,

    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Olivia, It does help, I do not have to water the garden and the veggies are growing great. The weather has had a perfect balance this year.
    Blessings
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete