Tuesday, May 20, 2008

My Wisteria In Bloom

My wisteria trees are in full bloom right now. I have one in my backyard and I planted another one at my front entrance a few years back. People advised me not to plant one by my front door. I did so anyway and I don't regret it for one minute. It's so beautiful to look up at the purple cascading blossoms, while I'm standing under them when walking onto my porch. Here are some photos of my wisteria tree in my front landscape by my red door.







A close up of the wisteria tree at my front entrance.



7 comments:

  1. The wisteria looks lovely and the red door is beautiful, too.
    You live in a very nice home, Lydia.
    Have a good Wednesday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eva, Thank you! I love this time a year. I've just noticed all of my rose bushes have buds on them and they will be blooming soon! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Lydia,

    my yellow climbing rose has buds too and will be blossoming soon. I will have a post about the yellow tea rose on my blog next week.

    I would like to comment on the exquisite shape of your windows. You once told me that your father built the house for you. Did he put in those windows himself? They are beautiful, something really special. You have a lovely home, Lydia.

    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva, I love yellow roses they're so pretty. Thank you, yes, my dad did build this house for me. I'm happy that he was able to build me a house before he retired. Have a great evening!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wisteria is one of the most attractive plants. The way it hangs so silently and the colours of the petals. Such a graceful plant. You have reminded me that my garden needs my attention - hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Linda, I've been so busy out in both my flower and vegetable garden this past week. I love wisertias too. I have another one in my back yard. It's in bloom now. I dug up a sucker from my mother's house when I first moved into my house and it's now growing beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful wisteria. It doesn't grow in Vermont that I know of. I wish it did.

    ReplyDelete