Monday, May 19, 2008

Garlic Shrimp Ravioli


Even though my blog is basically dedicated to vegetarian recipes, I've decided to add one of my hubbys favorite shrimp and ravioli recipes to my blog. It's pretty easy to make and if your a lover of shrimp, then you have to try out this dish.

Ingredients;

1 lb. of raw large shrimp, peeled and deveined

4 large garlic cloves, minced

1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil

1/2 cup of good quality white wine

Juice from 1/2 of a lemon

2 tbs of butter

salt and pepper to taste

2 tbs chopped fresh parsley

Romano cheese

1 package of frozen cheese ravioli

Clean and devein the shrimp then set aside. Meanwhile cook ravioli following the directions on the back of the bag. While the ravioli are cooking, place olive oil and minced garlic in a pan over medium high heat, cook for about one minute or just until garlic becomes fragrant. Be careful not to burn the garlic. Once heated add all the rest of the ingredients except for the shrimp and the cheese. Turn the heat to medium and let simmer for about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the shrimp and continue to cook for an additional 2 minutes. Do not over cook the shrimp. Add the ravioli and the desired amount of cheese and toss well.

Remove from heat and serve with additional lemon wedges. This dish goes nicely along side of some fresh garlic bread, a fresh bowl of figs and a chilled bottle of pinot grigio.

4 comments:

  1. WOW!!!, what an explosion in your garden, flowers everywhere.

    Here it was a backlash, night frost this weekend, fortunately we still have our tomatoes in a hothouse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Eric, Thank you. I have more blooms that I haven't displayed yet. My three apricot trees just got through blooming like mad and both of my wisterias are in full bloom now. How horrible that you experienced a cold snap. That happens where I live too, this is why I never start planting til the week after mamorial day which is the end of may.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I was hungry after the soup recipe - but now I am really hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Oswegan, I'm sure you and your wife will love this dish. This is one of my hubbys favorite meals.

    ReplyDelete