Thursday, March 28, 2013

Lettuce, Radish and Avocado Salad with Mustard Dressing

Since I absolutely love avocado and the many health benefits that go along with eating them, I'm always looking for new ways to enjoy these delicious fruits.
Here's a great recipe I made last night for dinner and I it was a hit at the table!
Ingredients;
1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
2 1/2 tsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp grapeseed oil
2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1 bunch of lettuce ( It calls for butter lettuce, but I used Romane instead) torn
8 radishes, halved
1 scallion, white and pale green parts only.
2 Tbsp fresh dill
1 avocado halved, pitted, peeled and sliced
1) In a large dish, whisk vinegar and mustard with a pinch of salt and pepper. While whisking, add oils in a slow, steady stream.
2) Toss dressing with lettuce, radishes, scallion and dill. Top with avocado and serve.


6 comments:

  1. Lydia: What a cool dish. I love Avocados! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michael,
      This salad was delicious! I too love avocado. I try to eat avocados at least 3 times a week.

      Delete
  2. i love this fruit, but we dont get much of it in this part of the world :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Deeps, I too love fruit! I can't wait until summer, so I can start making jam again!
    Have a nice day:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohh jam can be made with it?
    maybe you should send me some :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deeps,
    not with avocado. I make a no sugar jam with blueberries, cherries, peaches and blackberries every summer. It's 100% natural and sweetened with 100% fruit juice. I finished the last jar a few weeks ago:(.

    ReplyDelete