Saturday, July 7, 2012

Woodchuck Problem

How frustrating! I have a very annoying problem that I want to solve in a humane way.
There's a very fat woodchuck living in the trail in back of my property.
It's been enjoying my veggie garden!!!!!
I've chased it a few times in the spring and it stopped coming into my garden.
It's back, eating my lettuce and dining on my escarole!
My dog has chased it back into the trail and so have I, but this thing waddles back into my yard to try and eat more of my veggies!
It's really too late to put up a fence this year. My garden is doing wonderful. I would hate to see all of my huge veggies eaten by this woodchuck.
Hubby's solution is to shoot it. I cant do that. I feel sorry for it.
I have read a few natural remedies to remove this unwelcome eating machine.
One is find it's living quarters and dump dirty cat litter in it. The varmint will be forced to look for a new home.
The other would be to make a hot pepper solution and spray it around my garden, since they hate hot peppers.
Hopefully I'll be successful at ridding this menace in a humane way and save my garden from being eaten by it.


No comments:

Post a Comment