Thursday, December 17, 2009

Flounder In Jalapeno Sauce


Since the holidays are next week, I've decided to add a delicious fish recipe to my blog.
A few years ago, while at my brother's home in Albany he whipped up this great fish dish that everyone loved. I had to get the recipe from him before I left and I've been making since then. I serve this more often in the summer, because I can pick my jalapenos growing in the garden.
Ingredients;
2 scallions, white parts finely chopped and greens reserved for another use.
1 tbs unsalted butter
1 to 2 tbs finely chopped jalapeno including seeds.
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 tsp sea salt
4 (6 to 8 oz) Flounder fillets( can be substituted with Tilepia)
1/2 tsp black pepper
1/2 cup quartered grape tomatoes
1 tbs fresh chopped cilantro cook chopped scallions in butter in a 10 inch skillet over moderate heat, stirring until softened, 3 to 4 minutes.
Add jalapeno( to taste), cream, and 1/4 tsp salt and bring to a simmer.
Pat fish dry, then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 salt. Fold each fillet in half crosswise. Put folded fish in sauce in skillet and cook on simmer, covered, until fish is just cooked through, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer fish to a platter and keep warm, covered with foil.
Add tomatoes and cilantro to sauce in skillet, along with any fish juices on the platter, and cook over moderately low heat until heated through, about 1 minute. Spoon fish over sauce and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment