Monday, November 23, 2009

Lavender

In the past, lavender was the primary plant in the famous Tudor knot gardens. Since early Egyptian times, lavender has been used as an astringent cleanser for beauty products and essential ingredients for perfumes.

Lavender soothes and calms, leaving the spirit serene and our minds clear.
Distilled Lavender oil can be used both internally and externally. It's a great treatment for lung conditions such as asthma. Lavender is also good for treating sinus conditions. It relieves headaches, insect bites, and other inflammations. It is an immunity booster.
Externally, lavender is a skin cell regenerator and capable of preventing scarring. It is good to use on burns, rashes and skin infections.
Esoteric Meaning; Serenity within oneself
Lavender signifies serenity and helps us in detaching from any situation in which we feel nervous, exhausted, or irritable. Serenity means we are able of staying centered no matter what occurs in our life.
Affirmation; I am serene as I move through transitions and changes.


10 comments:

  1. wow! lovely lavender garden? farm? i love purple and i love lavender, i sometimes burn the scent of lavender on my aroma burner. yes, it calms and soothe the soul and the soul of our home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alison,
    Lavender is so pretty. I grow lavender through out my front landscape. The butterflies love it and I pick it in bunches all summer long.
    Burning lavender smells so good.
    I'm happy you like the pictures. I wish it was my farm, but it is not.
    Wishing you a wonderful week!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Lydia,

    I love your new lavender heading and the article about lavender.

    It is a wonderful plant, nature's great gift to us.

    It indeed soothes and calms, clearing the mind. Therefore I loke burning dried lavender during meditations.

    Blessings

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lydia,
    I love lavender as well. People who grow herbs and fruit trees at home become aware of the Law of abundance. When we realize that Nature give us beautiful gifts and blessings as the result of some focused investment of energy and Love, we grow as human beings...
    All the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you! your lavender gift has inspired me to change my blog heading and post on lavender.
    Lavender is so relaxing and calming to smell during meditation. I use to simmer it in my potpurri pot all the time.
    I have 4 huge lavender plants along side of my rose bushes. I plan on planting more next year.
    I have both purple and white.
    Wishing you a nice day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Boris,
    I love to plant fruit trees in my yard. I am slowly adding to my fruit tree collection every year and reaping great rewards, full of delicious organic fruit.
    I love the way your homeland looks at nature! This is so true, nature has so many gifts for us, but often times we get so caught up in the man made material things that we tend to overlook the gifts of nature.
    Wishing you a great day!!!!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Lydia I used to grow some lavender too! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank you! I hope to plant more next year.
    Have a nice weekend,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  9. That garden field looks like a bit of heaven!

    Lavender reminds me of my grandmother who loved to travel. She always brought back home boxes heavenly lavender soaps fresh from Europe. It was like magic to me. Those little dainty boxes of soap made me feel like a princess.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Lady prism,
    Your grandmothers both had good taste in soaps and scents. Lavender is the best.
    I just love growing it in the summer. I usually add a new plant every year.
    White Lavender is pretty too. I have just one of the white in my front landscape, the rest is purple.
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete