Thursday, November 19, 2009

Gifts From Olivia

Pretty gifts from Olivia.

Over the past month I received some beautiful gifts from my dear Friend Olivia.
Above are some lovely post cards with pictures of the meat and produce markets in France, as well as a quaint, all natural bath and spa store by the sea.
There's a very beautiful sachet that Olivia embroidered for me. I just love it. It's so feminine and dainty. Inside was a bag of dried lavender which smelled so good, I slept with it under my pillow the first few nights.
Last but not least I received a wonderful cookbook. I'm so excited to try these delicious dishes from Providence France. I'll have to share some of these mouthwatering recipes on my blog.
Thank you so much Olivia for all the beautiful things you've sent me.

6 comments:

  1. You are very welcome, dear Lydia,

    lavender shall give you sweet dreams, and the cookbook some vegetarian meals "made in France".

    Hoping you will be able to visit soon,

    Olivia Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you so much! I appreciate everything I've received from you. It is all so beautiful!!!!!!!
    I've always pictured everything pretty coming from France. Now I know I was right.
    The lavender smells so pretty. The 2 nights I slept with it I did have sweet dreams. This means I'll have to sleep with the lovely sash you made me, filled with the lavender more often.
    I plan on trying some of the vegetarian and meat recipes out of the cookbook for my guests this coming holiday season. I'm sure we will all love the French cuisine.
    I wish to visit both France, to see you and the beautiful country, and Italy, my parents birthplace someday, hopefully sooner rather than later.
    Wishing you a wonderful day,
    Lydia

    P.S. I love the stamp on the envelope you sent me! I had to take a picture of it and place it on this post. It's so pretty and just so France!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia,
    I love the pictures and the passionate gratitude that you expressed to your beloved friend.
    You write with your Heart and have a very natural aesthetic.
    Have a great day every day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Boris,
    Thank you for the very kind complement! What a very sweet thing to say about me!!!!!!!
    I'm also happy you like the pictures. I tried to get a clear shot of the gifts. It's hard to do at times with my camera.
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend and a great day full of sunshine and happiness everyday Boris!!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! wow! these are so pretty!!
    it's so wonderful to be receiving something so sweet and sent with lotsa love and sincerity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Alison,
    Thank you! I love the sweet and beautiful things Olivia has sent me.
    Wishing you a wonderful day!!!!!!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete