Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Strawberry Salsa

Yesterday while looking through one of our local newspapers, I saw a recipe for strawberry salsa. It looked delicious, so I cut out the recipe and made it this morning. I look forward to having it for dinner tonight, I'm sure I'll love it!
For anyone interested in trying this healthy low fat salsa recipe, I've listed the ingredients below.


Ingredients;
2 cups coarsely chopped strawberries
4 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
1 Jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
2 tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 lime, juiced
1 tbs olive oil
1 tsp balsamic vinegar
1/4 tsp cumin
1/4 tsp sea salt
In a medium bowl, combine all ingredients and toss together. Cover bowl and refrigerate for 2 hrs or longer. Bring to room temperature before serving.
Note: This salsa is best served the same day.
I also learned strawberries are loaded with a powerful antioxidant that researchers have found helpful for fighting belly fat.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia mmm yummy I love strawberries I'm back on the net for a short time but we're moving and have to re set up once again I love the strawberries tnx have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jamerson,
    I'm glad to see your back. I'll have to visit your blog.
    I tried this salsa last night and I loved it!!!!!
    Have a great day and best wishes with your move.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello again Lydia I havn't blogged for awhile I see you have been busy very impressive I like the pic's Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jamerson,
    Yes, I've been getting back into blogging lately.
    Sometimes I stop for a while then get back into it again.
    Have a great evening. Enjoy the full moon tonight!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete