Monday, June 15, 2009

My Finally Planted Veggie Garden

( Me leaning against a tomato stake)
( I love the way the camera caught the sunbeams. )
Over the weekend I finally got a chance to sit in my backyard and enjoy all of my veggies that are now planted and growing nicely.
Above is a shot my hubby took of my tomatoes. I'm growing many different varieties of heirloom tomatoes again this year. I prefer them over the popular types. They have a lot more flavor than big boy, beef steaks ect...
Two of my favorite heirlooms (which I have in my garden this year) are "Brandy Wine" and "Purple Cherokee".
I can't wait until I can start harvesting them!!!!!!!!! I already have baby tomatoes starting on some of my plants!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Lydia wow very nice picture of your land. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank you! I love hanging out in my yard when the weather's nice.
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. the roses look great I have some climbers scrambling their way up a pergola but every year the summer storms really batter the petals, it is such a shame. you can see the renovation so far on www.theoldcafe.com
    ps love the music
    jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Jules,
    Thank you! I love climbers too. I just planted four more in my back yard. Roses and sunflowers are my faves.
    I'll drop in to your blog!
    Have a nice day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete