Monday, December 15, 2008

Star Dough Ornaments

Last week me and the kids made these fun and very easy star ornaments. If anyone is interested in trying to make these, the recipe is listed below. They're not edible.
Ingredients;
2 cups of flour
2 cups of salt
1 cup of water
Mix all the ingredients together and stir well. Separate, form into balls, then roll out the dough. Use star cookie cutters (or another shape) to cut out the ornaments. Once the dough is cut, place on a lightly greased cookie sheet and poke a hole on the top, so that when the ornament is done baking you can thread a ribbon through it to hang. Place into the oven and bake at 375 for 20 minutes or until hardened.

3 comments:

  1. I used to love making ornaments when my kids were young. We always had so much fun.

    I just read your teapot post. You have some beautiful ones. I collect cups but I only have a couple of teapots. What have I been messing out on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, dear Lydia,
    those star ornaments for the Christmas tree are lovely. I am sure that your children had a lot of fun making them with you.
    Wishing you a pleasant Tuesday,
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Judy,
    They were so fun to make. Now I'm so angry because last night while we were sleeping I heard this loud noise in the livingroom, so I woke up to see what it was. My dog was eating the star ornaments I made off of the tree. I couldn't believe it! Thank god there was nothing toxic in them, but they're hard as a rock. I had to move them all to the top of the tree. Hopefully she won't get at them there.
    Thank you, Most of my teapots were my mom's.
    Wishing you a great day,
    Lydia

    Hello Eva,
    Thank you! The kids had a lot of fun helping and putting them on the tree last night. If you read my comment to Judy, You'll know what happened to some of my oraments later that evening! I was so upset!!!!
    At least my dog didn't get sick from eat them.
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete