Friday, December 12, 2008

The Cold Moon

Tonight's full moon is also known as the "Cold Moon".
Old Sayings & Lore:
Never cut your hair, begin a journey, move into a new house, or start a business on a Friday in particular, and especially if a New or Full Moon falls on Friday.
The word "create" comes from the same word-root as the word crescent.
In some legends, the Egyptians said that the Dark Moon and the Full Moon were the two eyes of Horus.
The natives of Madagascar call their isle the island of the moon.
To aim at the moon means to be very ambitious, to set your sights extremely high.
The feldspar gem known as the moonstone is said to become brighter and clearer when the moon is full.(moonstone jewelry is so pretty, I have a pair of earrings that I love)
The eastern branches of the Eskimo clans say that their people came from the Moon to Earth.

8 comments:

  1. Good afternoon, dear Lydia,

    I won't cut my hair nor begin a journey during the "Cold Moon". I won't start a business or move into a new house either. But it's not forbidden to "aim at the moon", right ?

    Wishing you a pleasant full moon meditation tonight
    Eva

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for telling us about the cold moon Lydia. I definately won't start or do anything important now that I know. It's amazing how much power the moon has over us mortals!
    Your cookies look wonderful..my daughters favorite..maybe I'll bake some from your recipe:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How interesting Lydia. I love the picture. I'm not planning on doing anything on the list so I guess I'll be ok!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Eva,
    You sure can aim at the moon. Go for your dreams!!!!!
    I know they will come true for you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.
    Have a very nice evening,
    Lydia

    Hello Linda,
    Thank you! Gingerbread cookies are so fun to make and It's also nice when the house smells like gingerbread.
    Have a great evening,
    Lydia

    Hello Judy,
    Thank you!
    Wishing you a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i was born on a full moon friday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Alison, How lucky you are to be born on a full moon!!!!
    Have a great day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete