Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Plant Foods for Cancer Prevention

Eating a diet full of fruits, vegetables, and other plant foods can lower your risks for many types of cancer.
Here's some of the plant foods and the benefits they offer.

Beans are loaded with petrochemicals that protect cells from damage that can lead to cancer.

Berries are a great source of fiber, vitamin C, and other antioxidants.

Dark greens, leafy vegetables such as leaf lettuce, spinage, and chards are rich in fiber, folate, and carotenoids.

Garlic contains many cancer fighting compounds, such as quercetin and allicin.

Grapes and grape juice are great sources of antioxidant resveratrol.

Broccoli is rich in vitamin C and K, folate, potassium, and fiber.

It's best to fill at least 2/3 of your plate up with fruits, vegetables, beans and whole grains.


6 comments:

  1. However, one big problem we face these days is most of these fruits that we get in our market is covered with all kinds of chemicals. In fact, eating them would invite cancer…hope things better in your country..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so right deeps. This is why I try and grow enough veggies and fruits to preserve and freeze for the winter, til I can garden and gather all my food from the veggie and fruit stands again.
      I garden totally organic.
      unfortunately at this time of year I have used all my growings from the previous season and have to buy at the store until I start growing again.

      Delete
  2. We are growing veggies in our garden this year!
    Thanks for sharing, Lydia.

    Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice Margie! Homegrown veggies taste the best.
    I hope you had a great Easter.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some great ideas here for me to enhance my breakfast too. Thanks, Lydia! :0

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Michael,
    It's always great to add healthy foods to our meals.
    Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete