Monday, November 26, 2012

Vegetarian Burgers with Avocado Salsa

This burger recipe I found sounds absolutely delicious! I can't wait to make them! Here's the recipe. It's simple, healthy and fast.
Ingredients;
1 medium avocado
1 green onion, chopped
2 Tbsp bottled salsa (I prefer HOT)
1 tsp fresh squeezed lime juice
1 Tbsp fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
1/4 tsp sea salt
1or two packages frozen vegetarian burgers. ( I've been loving Amy's Tex Mex vegetarian burgers lately.)
Whole grain buns
1 large tomato
4 large lettuce leaves ( Romane is tasty )
1 cup of alphalfa sprouts

Prepare vegetarian burgers as it states on the package.
Meanwhile cut avocado in half, lengthwise. remove seed and peel . Place in mixing bowl and mash.
Stir in green onions, salsa, lime juice, cilantro,and salt.
Arrange lettuce leaves and bottom of toasted bun on dinner plates. Top with tomato slices, burgers, avocado mixture, then place the other half of toasted bun on top.
Serve with alphalfa sprouts.


2 comments:

  1. Hey, Lydia! I HAVE eaten this plenty of times and it is SO good. It's exciting to see something I've discovered on this end too, albeit, a restaurant offers this in the form of "sliders". Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just made this for my lunch today and loved it! I love to eat at restaurants that offer healthy vegetarian choices on their menu!
      I eat avocado more than 2 times a week and I love hot sauces, hot peppers and spicy salsa. I never get tired of it.
      have a nice night!

      Delete