Sunday, November 18, 2012

Green Beans with Mushrooms and Onions

Here's a tasty and healthy  green bean dish I plan on making as one of the sides for my large Thanksgiving gathering. 
Ingredients;
Green beans, washed and trimmed
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 cup of mushrooms, sliced
1 large clove of garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
Steam beans.
Saute mushrooms and onions in olive oil until tender.
Add garlic, cooked green beans and season with salt and pepper. If needed add more olive oil to the pan. Saute a few more minutes. Squeeze lemon juice. Mix and serve.


6 comments:

  1. What a wonderful dish. We had this last month and we enjoyed it throughly. The tastes were great. Yes this would make the Thanksgiving feast even better.
    Thank You
    And
    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dave,
    Thank you! Wishing you and your family the same.
    I always make extra veggie dishes on thanksgiving, so there are things on the table that I can eat.
    Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lydia: What a wonderful experience it would be to win a pair of round-trip tickets and a limo ride (okay a taxi will do) to your home as a guest! You are surely an awesome cook! Have a very Happy Thanksgiving!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael,
    I would love to have you for dinner. I just love entertaining and cooking for people.
    Thank you for the great complement!
    Have a great night and a nice thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep looking at your profile photo. There is a certain energy that is captured in this shot. It is as if you have a knowing inside you and you are on a positive journey. It is motivating to all that view your blog.
    Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Dave,
    Thank you! This is one of the best complements I ever had about my photos!
    This was taken this summer at my cousin's wedding reception. I had such a fun time! It was the first time i saw some of my relatives in years.

    ReplyDelete