Wednesday, August 24, 2011

HOT CHILI PEPPER SAUCE

Here's a great hot sauce recipe hubby found online. He modified it a bit to meet our taste.
Since I have tons of chili peppers in the garden right now, I'm making this tasty hot sauce and preserving it.
Ingredients;
5 cloves of garlic, chopped
10 chili peppers, halved and seeded
1 onion, chopped
1 tbs chopped cilantro
1 tbs chopped oregano
1/2 cup vegetable oil
4 cups of water
1/4 tsp cumin
Sea salt to taste
Saute garlic, onions, and peppers with a bit of vegetable oil in a sauce pan for 7 minutes.
Add the rest of the ingredients. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat and let simmer on low for 1 hour.
When sauce finished, pour into blender and puree well. Transfer back to the pan and simmer until slightly thickened.
Store hot sauce in the refrigerator, or preserve sauce in mason jars.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lydia a good sauce takes patience. This sounds really good like my friend would say really tasty! I like cilantro That is a good flavor thanks for the recipe have a good evening!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jamerson,
    I love hot and spicy foods. I especially love all different kinds of hot sauces, so me and hubby try and make our own.
    I grow a variety of hot peppers in my garden every summer.
    I love cilantro also. It adds alot of zing to many dishes!
    Have a beautiful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete