Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Dark Chocolate

Cocoa is very rich in flavanals. Studies have shown that people with high blood levels of flavaniods have a lower risk of heart disease, lung cancer, prostate cancer, asthma and type 2 diabetes.
Pure cocoa powder has the highest amount of antioxidants, followed by dark chocolate, then milk chocolate.
Just one ounce of certain types of dark chocolate has more than twice the healthy antioxidants than that of red wine and other dark chocolates.
Dove Dark and Cocoa Via, both made by mars Inc., contain Cocoapro cocoa,a proprietary, specially processed cocoa with superhigh levels of flavanols- so high that Dove Dark is used in medical research.
Eating small amounts of dark chocolate is fine. Just make sure that you are already eating a overall healthy diet.

8 comments:

  1. Great info on dark chocolate!
    I love dark chocolate!

    Margie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the education on dark chocolate. I love adding this in moderation to my diet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Margie,
    I have just discovered all this info and I am adding dove chocolate to my diet on occassion along with a glass of red wine! They go great together!
    Have a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Dave,
    I've started adding chocolate in my diet in moderation too! It's something I really do not mind adding either, because it's delicious and it makes me feel good knowing it has health benefits too.
    I'm glad you liked this post!
    Have a nice evening,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lydia simply divine very nice pictures and you are so right pure cocoa what a gift to the world!!!Have a beautiful day my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Jamerson!
    I hope all has been well with you?
    Yes, cocoa and chocolate are soooo good when we eat them in moderation!
    Wishing you a great week!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG, YUMMY!!!! :-)
    Very wonderful Blog you have! The photos you post are absolutely AMAZING, as well! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    Welcome to my blog!!!!!
    Thank you!
    I am happy you like the photos on my blog!
    Wishing you a wonderful weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete