Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine's Day Roses


Last night while sitting at the dinner table enjoying a nice bottle of red wine, I was also enjoying some dark solid chocolate hearts made by "Dove" .

Inside each wrapper was a piece helpful Valentine's day advise.

Since I received a dozen of beautiful long stemmed red roses as a gift from my hubby, I decided to try one of the suggestions written on my heart wrapper.

To prolong the life of your roses, add a bit of sugar to the water.

I tried it today and added 1/2 tsp of sugar to my rose water. I guess I'll see if it works!

8 comments:

  1. Those are lovely roses, dear Lydia.
    I wish them a long life.

    Blessings
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you.
    I hope this tip works. They seem to be happy this morning.
    Wishing you a very nice day.
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are those roses still alive, Lydia ?
    They sure look beautiful on your table.

    Blessings
    Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Olivia,
    Yes!!!! As a matter of fact they opened up and they are so pretty!!!!!!!
    I have been trimming the bottoms daily, I've also been changing the water and adding sugar to the vase.
    Thank you! I am happy you like my roses. I still have them on my dining room table.
    Wishing you a nice weekend!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I came by to wish you a good Sunday, dear Lydia.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Olivia,
    Thank you!
    Wishing you the very same!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  7. The roses are beautiful, Lydia
    I know you must be enjoying their beauty!
    Enjoy the rest of your Sunday!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Margie,
    Thank you!
    I do appreciate their beauty and I look forward to my own roses blooming this season.
    I hope you had a great time with your hubby in San Fran!
    Have a great week!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete