Wednesday, February 10, 2010

My Angel Ginger

Today was a very sad day for me, my poor kitty "Ginger" passed away unexpectedly.

Ginger was only 4 years old and was healthy as could be up until this past Saturaday. She's always been a very healthy and active indoor cat.
Friday she was acting slightly different and her eyes looked glazed.
By Sunday she was acting a bit sicker, but still eating and walking around.
First thing Monday morning I took her to the vet. With her heart and temperature normal, the only thing the doctor saw was a UTI. He gave me meds to treat the infection.
I thought she seemed to be getting better yesterday.
By 4am this morning she was screaming and very ill. I rushed her to the vet as soon as they opened. Sadly, she passed away later on, while being treated at the vets.
I now wait for my daughter to get home from school, so I can tell her the horrible news about our kitty.
Ginger you will always be loved and you will be missed.


14 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I'm so very sorry to hear this!
    How terrible!!!
    I know your heart must be so broken!
    Ginger was a beautiful cat!

    I'm very sad for you and your family, Lydia.

    Margie :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Margie,
    Thank you.
    It was a complete shocker to have her fall ill that fast.
    We were all shocked and very sad here yesterday after we found out about the news of her passing.
    She was a great cat and will be very missed here in our home.
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    Have a nice day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Jan,
    Thank you.
    It's hard to lose animals, they are a member of our family.
    I still have to clean and put away her litter pan and food bowls. I can't bring myself to do it yet, so maybe I'll have by hubby do it tonight.
    Thank you for your kind comment.
    Wishing you a nice day,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thinking about you, Lydia and sending my warmest greetings!

    I look at your beautiful cat that is no longer with you and feel so sad for you!

    Margie :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Lydia oh that's so sad I'm I'm sorry to hear this. That was a very beautiful cat take care dear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Lydia,
    Sorry for your loss. I am not aware how old your daughter is,but I would suggest to use this as an opportunity to discuss with her how important is to fill our regular days with Love, so when a beloved one departs, we will always be sure that we have given our best and we won't have any regret, and we will keep in our Heart all those mindufl moments that we experienced...
    Love and Wisdom for you...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Jamerson,
    Thank you. It was a sad shocker when she fell ill and very fast too. She was always a very healthy and very srong indoor cat, with no health issues. Young too.
    We fed her the best food and took great care of her, so to see her pass so sudden like that was a huge blow to us all.
    Wishing you a great weekend,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Boris,
    Thank you.
    You've given some wonderful advise here.
    I have actually already started to discus this exact subject with her.
    It's so important in life to treat others well. To often people become selfish and disreguard others and their feelings. we end up getting caught up in ourselves only.
    Thank you for the wise advise.
    Wishing you a great weekend,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Margie,
    Thank you again for your kind and caring comments.
    Wishing you a very nice weekend with your hubby too!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete