Sunday, August 9, 2009

Roasted Red Peppers

In few weeks sweet red peppers will be ready to pick for those who planted them. Mine didn't do well at all this year, because of all the rain and cool weather we had.
Even though I won't be harvesting many peppers from my garden this summer, I'll still pick some up at a veggie stand, so I can make this delicious recipe that I've listed below.

Ingredients;

6 large sweet red peppers, washed and dried

3 large cloves of garlic, minced

Extra virgin olive oil

Sea salt and pepper to taste

Place whole peppers on a flat baking sheet and broil until peppers are charred (not over charred) and easy to peel. Turn them frequently while they're roasting, so they cook evenly on all sides.
Once done remove from oven and let cool. Peel and discard the outer charred part of each pepper. Slice in half, remove all the seeds and the stem. Slice peppers lengthwise and place in a bowl. Add minced garlic, salt and pepper and enough olive oil until well coated. Toss together and serve, or refrigerate for later use.
Roasted peppers taste great alone, in sandwiches, or in garden salads.



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe, Lydia!
    I love roasted red peppers in sandwiches!

    Margie:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Margie,
    Your welcome! I hope you like it!
    Have a great day!
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love roasted red peppers tossed with goat cheese and pasta!

    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Kat,
    I would have to pass on the cheese, but I'm going to try it tossed in pasta! Sounds scrumptious!
    Have a nice morning,
    Lydia

    ReplyDelete